TISS 2014 Syllabus has also been disclosed along with all the notifications of TISS 2014. TISS 2014 Syllabus is designed and formed in such a manner that the candidates abilities can be checked and tested on various parameters. TISSNET exam is little different from the rest of the management entrance exams as TATA institute offers management courses related to social concern, human resource etc. TISS as an institute has been expanding its horizons in the field of education and infrastructure.
The notable feature of the TISS 2014 is that the exam does not have inclusion of negative marking, sectional time limits or sectional cutoff. This particular article deals with the TISS 2014 Syllabus, so to begin with little overview of the TISS exam pattern in required. TISS 2014 will have 2 major sections like Section 1 and Section 2. Coming to Section 1 of TISS 2014 exam, it is further divided into three subsections which are Analytical and Numerical Ability, Awareness of Social and General Issues and Language Ability where as, Section 2 includes Data Interpretation, Reading Comprehension, Data Sufficiency and Business Knowledge and Foundation Of Management.
TISS 2014 Syllabus of Analytical And Numerical Ability:
- Basic question of inferential and visual reasoning.
- Set of questions from DI covering topics of pie chart, graphs.
- Questions from Quantitative Ability
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Mathematical Series etc.
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Language Ability:
- Includes Reading Comprehension questions which are usually direct.
- Logical arrangement of paragraphs.
- Fill in the blanks on the basis of vocabulary.
- Sentence Correction.
- Precise or summary writing of the paragraph.
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Awareness Of Social And General Issues:
- United Nation Organization
- Historical facts about India.
- Monuments and Rivers of India.
- Latest trends happening in the country.
- Outlined knowledge about the domestic and International politics.
- Prominent Awards and personalities.
- Knowledge and essential facts about various games.
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Data Interpretation:
- Bar Diagram
- Multiple Bar Diagrams
- Components Bar Diagram
- Subdivided Bar Diagram
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Usage of Bar Charts to show deviations
- Stacked Bar Charts
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Data Sufficiency:
- Absolute Values and Modules
- Permutations and Combinations
- Distance and Rate problems
- Percent and Interest problem
- Probability and Remainders
- Statistics and Roots
- Mixture and Alligation
- Word Problem
- Exponents and powers
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Reading Comprehension:
In this section there is no set defined pattern or syllabus that the candidate should follow. It is advisable that candidates must practice long passages as they get an idea of attempting long passages and their speed also improves and if in the exam a long passage comes then it is easier for the candidate to solve and the speed is also maintained.
TISS 2014 Syllabus Of Business Knowledge And Foundation Of Management:
TISS 2013 Entrance Exam had the following topics in Business Knowledge Section:
- Business and Acquisition
- Advertisement Related Information
- Brands and their taglines
- Famous books and authors
- Indian Banking
- Indian economy as whole
To prepare this section in particular the candidate must go through the newspaper and business magazines to tap all the current happening in India and the world as there is not syllabus that is or could be prescribed for this particular section. As far as TISS 2014 Syllabus for Foundation Of Management is concerned text books of HRM of BBA and BMS can be of great help and also the candidate can go through various theories of management like Henry Fayols Principles of Management, Maslows and Mcgregor theories etc.
NOTE: The TISS 2014 Syllabus is huge but the above mentioned topics are important and it is advisable to candidate to not be restricted with only these topics and should prepare widely concerning all the possible topics.