SCRA 2014 SELECTION PROCEDURE: Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) is an entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for a handful of candidates. The selection procedure for SCRA 2014 is quite rigorous only after which the candidates will be admitted to the undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering for four years at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur. The SCRA exam is the oldest in the country as it was started in the year 1927 by British to select handful of intelligent candidates which will assist them in Railway Operations after training at the Railways largest workshop in Jamalpur.
FOLLOWING IS THE SELECTION PROCEDURE OF SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE (SCRA) 2014:
- The selection procedure of SCRA begins with candidates appearing for the SCRA 2014 written entrance exam.
- The exam will be divided in Part 1 and Part 2 and part 1 of the exam is the written examination and part 2 is the personality test or personal interview.
- The third step in the selection procedure is candidates shortlisted for personality test or personal interview.
- The selected candidates are called in for interview and a judging panel conducts the personality test.
- After the personal interview or the personality test is conducted the final merit list is made which comprise of the candidates who have been shortlisted by the judging panel in the Part 2 of the exam which is the personality test.
- The shortlisted candidates are then send to Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur for a four year undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering.
- After the undergraduate program is over the candidates are given the final postings.
From the above stated procedure it is quite evident that SCRA follows an intensive and rigorous selection procedure as their aim is to select the best of candidate who is able to assist in the railway operation for the smooth functioning of the department.