The application form for Combined Defence Service are released today i.e 2nd November, 2013 and last date for filling application form is 2nd December, 2013.
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE (CDS) 2014 APPLICATION FORM will be available on the official website of Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC). The date for CDS 2014 application form has not yet been disclosed but all the notifications regarding the same will be disclosed on 2nd November, 2013. CDS examination takes place twice every year and in the year 2014 the first attempt for CDS 2014 entrance exam is scheduled for February 9, 2014 and the other or second attempt will take place in the month of October, 2014. The CDS 2014 Application Form will be available online only although candidates can make payment in cash as well.
FOLLOWING ARE THE PROCEDURAL STEPS OF AVAILING CDS 2014 APPLICATION FORM:
- In order to avail the CDS 2014 Application Form the candidates are required to go to the Official website of UPSC as the application forms will be available online only.
- The candidate can also avail the application form by clicking on the above mentioned blue tab.
- As soon as the candidate is redirected to the UPSC official website, click on the CDS 2014 application form link.
- Once the link of CDS 2014 application form available on the UPSC official website is clicked by the candidate a detailed form will open and the candidates are required to fill all the necessary details mentioned in the form.
- After filling the information the candidate of general category and OBC are required to make payment of Rs. 200 as application fee where as, the candidates of SC, ST AND Female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The candidates can choose any option from the various payment option available like payment through cash, net banking , credit card, debit card etc.
MODES OF PAYMENT FOR CDS 2014 APPLICATION FORM:
The candidates availing the CDS 2014 application form can make payment in two modes which are a follows:
- Online Payment
- Offline Payment
1. ONLINE PAYMENT: The candidates appearing for CDS 2014 entrance exam can pay Rs. 200 (application fee) via online gateways which includes net banking Of SBI,through credit card and debit card. Online payment option is more convenient as the candidate can do it by sitting at home only. Also the candidate must fill in the information correctly and every candidate must have a valid and active email id and mobile number. If the candidate opts for making payment online, an additional page of the application form will be displayed which will consist of all the instruction hence, the candidates must adhere to those guidelines for making online payment.
2. OFFLINE PAYMENT: After availing the CDS 2014 application form the candidate can also make payment through offline mode which is payment through cash. The candidate can go any SBI Bank Branch and make payment of the application fee. In offline payment also the candidate will have to fill the application form online only and a SBI challan will be generated and the candidate has to take out the print out of the same and go to SBI bank branch and make payment and importantly the candidate must take a student copy of the receipt with all the details and signatures.