On Mobile! Get the Latest News via our App - Install App
The notifications for CDS I 2014 have been released by the UPSC today i.e 2nd November 2013. The interested candidates can start with the registration process.
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE (CDS) 2014 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA have been disclosed and set by the Union public Service Commission (UPSC), body responsible for conducting CDS examinations every year. UPSC has an intensive list of eligibility criteria which the examinations under UPSC have to strictly adhere. Although, CDS examinations are conducted twice every year but the CDS eligibility Criteria remains the same and intact. Every candidate aspiring for CDS 2014 have to strictly adhere to eligibility criterion set by the UPSC and before filling the application form the candidate must once glance at the CDS 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
FOLLOWING IS THE DETAILED PREVIEW OF CDS 2014 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The very first eligibility criteria set by the UPSC is the nationality factor and the candidates have to strictly adhere to the following:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan to fall under the eligibility criteria of CDS 2014.
- A candidate who is a Tibetan refugee but migrated to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently residing in India is also eligible but are required to produced “Certificate Of Eligibility”.
- The candidate of Indian , Nepal, or Bhutan religion who have moved to India from Pakistan, Srilanka, Burma or South African Countries like Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Kenya or United Republic Of Tanzania with the purpose of permanent settlement in India but they are also required to produce the “Certificate Of eligibility”.
- AGE LIMIT, SEX AND MARITAL STATUS:
The second set of CDS 2014 Eligibility Criteria deals with the candidates age, gender and marital status and following are to be followed:
- For candidates aspiring for Indian Military Academy (IMA) and unmarried males born not earlier than 2nd July, 1990 and not born later than 1st July, 1995 fit under the CDS 2014 eligibility criteria.
- Male Candidates interested in Indian Naval Academy (INA) who are unmarried and not born earlier than 2nd July, 1990 and born later than 1st July, 1995.
- In case of Male unmarried candidates opting for Indian Air Force Academy who are not born earlier than 2nd July, 1991 and not born later than 1st July, 1995.
- In case of Male married or unmarried candidate applying for Officers training who are not born earlier than 2nd July, 1989 and not born later than 1st July, 1995 are only eligibile to apply.
- In case of women who are aspiring for officers training academy- unmarried women, issueless widow who have not married again, issueless divorcee and are not born earlier than 2nd July, 1989 and not later than 1st July 1995 only fall under the CDS 2014 eligibility criteria.
NOTE: The male candidates who are divorcee, widower cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of IMA, INA, AFA courses and accordingly do not fall under the CDS 2014 eligibility criteria.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
The third set of CDS 2014 eligibility criteria revolves around the educational qualification of the candidate and following are the educational qualifications required by the candidate in order to fall under the eligibility criteria of CDS 2014.
- The candidates aspiring for IMA or officers training academy are required to have any degree of any recognized university or equivalent.
- The candidates applying in for Indian Naval Academy (INA) must have a bachelors degree in Engineering from any recognized university.
- For Air Force Academy (ACA) the candidates must have degree of any recognized university with physics and maths at 10+2 and Bachelors Of Engineering
- The candidates in the final year also fall under the eligibility criteria of CDS 2014 and can apply for the same but will have to submit the proof of passing the examination and same shall be posted at the following address:
Army Headquarters/Rtg. CDSE Entry,
West Block III, R K Puram,
New Delhi- 110066.
- PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
In order to complete the cycle of Eligibility Criteria of CDS 2014, the candidate must be physically fit according to the guidelines laid by Combined Defence Service.