INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES) 2015 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA is very detailed and is chalked out by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), as it is the governing body for IES. It is very important for all the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the exam before applying or filling the application form of the exam as the eligibility criteria of the candidates is authenticated at later stage of the process and in case the candidates fails to meet the eligibility criteria of the exam, the candidates form application is not considered for the final process and the candidates cannot participate until the eligibility criteria of IES 2015 has been met by the candidates. The eligibility criteria is based upon lot of factors like Nationality, Educational Requirement, Age Limit etc but there are important parameters also that the candidate has to meet in order to fall in the eligibility criteria of IES 2015 Entrance Exam.
FOLLOWING ARE THE BASIS OF IES 2015 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- The candidates applying for IES 2015 must either be an Indian Citizen or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who made India is his/her permanent base before January 1st, 1962.
- A person or candidate of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Vietnam, Ethiopia etc also fall under the IES 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidate mentioned in 2nd, 3rd and with subject to Nepal and Bhutan have to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government Of India till the certificate is not produced there admission will be on temporary basis.
B) AGE LIMIT:
- The minimum age attained by the candidate is 21 years and the candidate must not be more than 30 years.
- The candidate must fall in the age bracket of 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of examination.
- The upper age limit is 30 but is relaxed in case of Government servants and has been increased to 35 years but the candidate has to be an employee of any department or office under any authority like Railway Department, Central Public Works Department, Military Engineer Service department etc in order to fall in the eligibility criteria of IES 2015.
C). EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- A candidate must have an Engineering degree from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central Government or State Legislature in India.
- The candidate must have passed section A & B of the institutes or University examination.
- The candidate must have passed a Graduate Membership examination of the institute of electronic and Telecommunication of India OR Obtained a degree/ diploma in Engineering from such foreign institute/ university and under such condition as may be recognizable in the eye of Government for the purpose from time to time OR passed Associate Membership examination part II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical society of India OR passed graduate Membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959 are required to be in the eligibility criteria of IES 2015.
D). PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
The candidates applying must be physically and mentally fit as per the physical standards laid by UPSC with regard to the IES 2015 Eligibility Criteria