The Institute Of Banking & Personnel Selection (IBPS) Clerk 2013 exams have begun and since it is a online based exam they will be conducted in series on random days. The first cycle of exam will be conducted on 30th November, 2013 followed by 1st,7th,8th,14th and 15th December, 2013. The candidates must be facing a lot of anxiety in terms of what of the paper will be like, what can be the expected pattern of the exam, marking scheme, difficulty level etc. The candidates appearing on the first day of the exam can be a little clueless but for their convenience I would like to tell them that the paper of the current year will be based on the previous year pattern although the difficulty level of the sections may vary.
The IBPS Clerk 2013 exam is in process and the exam conducted on 30th November, 2013 and 1st December, 2013 is over and following observations have been made after the analysis:
A) Reasoning Section: In reasoning there was a variety of questions from various backgrounds. All in all it was an easy section to attempt although, it required practice.
- Data Sufficiency- 5 Questions
- lesser than or greater than – 5 Questions
- Problem Solving – 5 Questions
- Blood Relation – 2 Question
- Seating Arrangement – 5 Questions
- Coding & Decoding – 5 Questions
B) Maths Section: As far as the Maths section is concerned the difficulty level varied from moderate to easy and this section in particular required practice and time management skills. Following was the break up of the Questions:
- Simplification: 10 Questions
- Data Interpretation: 5 Questions
- Number Series: 5 Question
- Aptitude background including time & work, age, time & distance, mixture etc. : 20 Questions
C) English Section: This section witnessed some lengthy Questions and following is the break up.
- Paragraph: 10 Questions
- Rearrangement of sentences: 5 Questions
- Error correction: 5 Question
- Phrases: 5 Questions
- closest test: 10 Questions
D) Computer Section: This section was the most easy one and had very basic questions and following are the topics from which the question arrived:
- Use of hyperlink, window explorer, input & output devices
- Printer, Binary number, basic network, extension power point files, hypertext
- Questions about super computers and main frame computers
E) General Awareness Section: This section had questions from normal current affairs and banking awareness. It was witnessed that the questions are from the past six months.
Below are the questions present in the exam conducted on 30th November and 1st December, 2013: